Tuesday 10 September 2019

Starting Radiation



I'm about to start my radiation treatment for the "multiple tumours" in my head. I use quotes there because I have not had the courage to ask for specific numbers. All my medical professionals keep using those two words and add in that "they're in all parts of your brain". I apparently shocked the radiation oncologist with how few symptoms I have and the fact that I was able to pass all the reaction tests they preformed. That makes me more nervous than I'd like to admit.

Good news is that I'm pretty much being fast tracked here, and it's aggressive treatment for aggressive cancer. The radiation oncologist is hopeful of a complete response. (Translation: kill all cancer cells in brain by end of treatment).  I did forget to ask when we'll next be scanning to see how things are in my head, I'll ask next time I see someone.

My medical oncologist is going to be starting up chemo two weeks after I end radiation so that the rest of my body doesn't go all cancery on me. I just hope my lungs don't go on strike, they're rather pissy these days. I sound like a worn out smoker, hacking and coughing on the fly. Anywho... back to keeping my spawn from killing one another. Wish me luck!

No photo description available.

No comments:

Post a Comment