I've had the pleasure of being stuck in the QEII hospital for 5 days. My incision on the cancer side gave way... For the second time (see previous blog Scalpel, Suture,.. Glue). Unfortunately this happened on Saturday so I had to endure the long weekend in the hospital until my doctor came back on Tuesday. I was sitting in my hospital bed with an open wound (roughly 2cm x 5cm) from Saturday to Tuesday afternoon. Sufficed to say, the Uniboob has returned. The reconstruction has failed.
I did get to keep the implant, more of a momento/show-and-tell than anything else. Now for me to decide on if I want the latis dorsi or the DIEP for my next move. The decision is not one I take lightly and as they removed the implant due to exposure, I have three months before anything can be done anyways.
Thanks for reading!