Sunday 11 September 2011

Quest for fitness

I've had some excess weight on me since I had my son (almost two years ago, now).  So I have been trying to shed the pounds but had nothing working for me.  Having to go through chemo, surgery, and radiation did not help matters in the least, either.  With so much out of my control, I needed to start seeing the weight going down so I could feel better about myself and have that small measure of control back.

I finally took a shot and had some sessions with a friend that does hypnotherapy.  She has a program for losing weight safely and effectively.  I finally started to lose weight.  The clothes are fitting or falling off now, and I find I just want to exercise, instead of feeling like it's another chore to add to the list.  So I have to give a shout out to Ursa Major Hypnotherapy.  And if you're in the Halifax area and would love to give it a try, just click on the link in the previous sentence to see her Facebook group.

One thing that my husband did to help me out is he purchased for me the WII Fit Plus.  I like that it feels like a game, but it is working your cardio and muscles at the same time.  I don't think it would be for people that are rather obese and need to get a lot of weight off but for toning and adding some fun to a workout you already have in place, it's a great investment.  Another thing I like about it is it shows you what it thinks your BMI (body mass index) is and helps you keep track of your progress effortlessly.  Let's see if I can get back to that size 5/6 that I was when I was my healthiest!  Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment