Monday 30 April 2018

Shaving and Spring Fair for YACC

What a whirl-wind this weekend was.  We had the Spring Fair for YACC and the Shave for the Brave.  My son and several others shaved their hair for Young Adult Cancer Canada.  I'm happy to say that the group raised over $2,000 together.  We had the Spring Fair to raise funds for social events at the YACC Survivor Conference this June.  The total for that has been $600 raised.  I cannot thank everyone that helped me and stepped up, asking if there was anything they could do.  I admit I'm extremely sore after putting on the fair and shave but I'll gladly take being in pain for several days if it means fundraising for YACC and getting the word out that the organization exists.

There's still time to donate to either event.  If you want it to go towards the Shave for the Brave please donate using THIS LINK, it's for Archer's Team.  If you want to host your own Shave, please check out the link in the first paragraph.

If you'd like to donate towards the social events, either send me a message or contact YACC and let them know that's what you want the funds to go towards.  There's a link for them in the first paragraph, too.

I hope that we get to do this form of fundraiser again, the vendors said they had fun, many were happy to hear about an organization like YACC, and it was great to see the smiles and hear the laughter of people working towards something they believed in.  Take care guys. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment