Tuesday 10 May 2011

Adventures in pain

Yup, pain.  My back gets worse and my cash flow to try to get treatment is even more imaginary that ever.  For those of you not in the know, I was victim of an MVI in 2008 and my back (and neck) was injured.  It's never been the same.

I was seeking relief with physio and massage but I am now out of funds and cannot afford to go.  My insurance company is now saying I must go to be assessed as to what job I should be working at so they can stop sending me the pennies that I get from them.  I will be studied and scrutinized so that someone that has no idea what pain I feel can tell me I should be working part time at a job that will pay even less than the pennies the insurance company sends me.  Huzzah!  Little do they realize I deal with intense pain and cannot do a lot of regular activities/concentrate with all the annoyances plaguing my spine, neck, and leg.  I hope that I get a real person and not someone paid off to lie and say I can work.  (Yes Mr R Oncologist,  I'm pointing fingers at you!  Tell CPP that I can work after radiation treatment was finished, yes you're such a caring doctor, aren't you?).. rant complete

I hope the settlement for this MVI will be worked out soon.  And until it is settled I will not go into much more details of the actual event.

So I wish to convey another of my analogies soon, but till then have another great quote from an exceptional woman:
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

1 comment:

  1. I love this quote too. Really sucks about the claim business. It's really such an invasive and miserable process but I hope for your sake, that it speeds up.

    ReplyDelete