Saturday 14 May 2011

Freedom!

In my haste to try to get on and have even remote access to my blog yesterday I totally forgot to update on the cancer treatment process! :P

Yesterday (Friday) was the last day of radiation (Let mah people go!) so I was quite happy.  We celebrated by hitting the local BBQ joint and having pulled pork, brisket, bbq chicken, and traditional sausage - om nom nom!  So now we have munchkin back and not letting go.

As to further treatments, I had a long discussion with my oncologist and I am not going on Tamoxifen.  I can change my mind later if I want, but I don't want to go on it at this time.  And to those of you that may be reading this and saying "Why chance it???", I cannot logically think of how this cancer could have mystically escaped from the tumour and not started rapidly growing by now.  Remember it grew over 9 cm in 6 months.  This wasn't a passive cancer.  And most importantly, it's my choice, and believe me it was an educated decision.

So what from here?  Still lots of appointments.  I'll have more free time because now I won't be mixing cancer appointments and back appointments.  I can use that free time to get some projects started and get a better handle on how disabled my back is really.  Maybe we'll be able to figure out a better way to approach my rehabilitation and get me back to snuff sooner!

More to come as I think of it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment